Summer Was a Success!
Pasadena youth spent the summer with Youth of Promise’s Summer Success Program. Highlights of the program included
- Art projects with partner Prototypes using A Window Between Worlds curriculum
- One-on-one reading practice with volunteers and Youth Ambassadors
- Weekly capoeira classes with the Rogue Artists Ensemble
- Project-based learning activities (highlights included gardening, an iron chef competition, and a graffiti project)
- Friday field trips, which included a hike to the Hollywood sign, a day at the beach, and Six Flags!
We were so happy to have support from the City of Pasadena Youth Ambassadors, who ensured that all youth were engaged in programming and that everything was running smoothly. While we’re sad to see the fun come to an end, the youth are ready to head back to school after an enriching summer!